Bombay Bust

Bombay Bistro

I love Indian food so much it hurts, and often this expression is literal, as I eat too much Indian food and then get that-itis. My love of Indian thus actually causes me pain, occasionally. Given this, and the fact that this blog as mentioned is becoming a Bistro-love-fest, Bombay Bistro should've been amazing, right? Wrong.

To be fair, Bombay Bistro has been around since the dawn of time, when Indian food was first coming into existence. While once this place was a gem, it's now more or less worthless. Their breads - they were known for their breads - are stale, non-fluffed, and basically tasteless. The food all tastes the same. My chicken vindaloo was in the same sauce as my mom's masala, only mine had potatoes. That was the extent of the difference. Last time I checked, these were two separate dishes.
The samosa was big, but the dough was that tough-yet-soggy combination of microwaved and reheated fried goods. You know the one.

This review is short because, frankly, the meal was so uninspired, so wretched, that we didn't have much. With so many other Indian restaurants trying everything they can to compete, Bombay Bistro hasn't stepped up its game.

-M.